Ridiculously hypnotic, this screensaver lets you watch blobs of liquid material bounce around, meld, separate, and bounce some more. Fully adjustable for a range of processor and 3D card speeds.
Version 2.0 is a universal binary and may be run natively on either Intel or PowerPC Macs running OS X 10.4-10.5.
Here’s a quick guide to custom images in Metamercury.
New to version 2.0.1:
- Intel bug fix for empty image folders.
New to version 2.0:
- New environment map textures.
- Dropped untextured and wireframe render modes.
- Improved antialiasing support.
- Custom texture support added.
- Improvements to texture memory management.
- Mac OS X 10.4-10.5 (Intel/PPC)
- OpenGL 1.1
- A 16 MB 3D card.
Please note that Metamercury is not yet compatible with OS X 10.6. A compatible update is planned.